Residential & Commercial

Your Independent Energy Agent
RATES & PLANS      |      TEAM      |      ENERGY PLANS      |      MARKET TRENDS      |      RESOURCES      |      CONTACT


What is electric deregulation?
The Texas Legislature passed a deregulation law in 1999 to encourage free market competition and lower prices. It allows consumers in most parts of Texas to choose their own electric company, although some municipalities and cooperatives were not required to deregulate.

If I switch to Curtis & Clark Energy Services, LLC, will the reliability of my electric service change?
No. Your electricity will continue to be delivered safely and reliably by the same Transmission and Distribution Utility, which is regulated by the PUC. Your local wires company will continue to maintain the poles and wires, read meters and respond to service interruptions.

If I switch to Curtis & Clark Energy Services, LLC, when will the switch occur?
Customers can switch to Curtis & Clark Energy Services, LLC at any time, but there may be penalties if you break an existing contract with your current electric company. After you sign a contract with us, you will receive a mailer from ERCOT confirming your switch. Once you receive the confirmation, you will have three business days to change your mind. The switch to Curtis & Clark Energy Services, LLC will happen within seven business days. There will be no lapse in your service, and you will receive your first electric bill from Curtis & Clark Energy Services, LLC on the following billing cycle.

Do I have to tell my current electric company that I'm switching providers?
No. When you sign a contract with Curtis & Clark Energy Services, LLC, we will contact ERCOT, which will mail you information to confirm that you want to switch. ERCOT will also notify your old company that you have changed service providers. You do not need to contact your current electric company, but remember that you will still be responsible for any penalties if you break a contract with that company.

What do I do if I have an outage?
Immediately call the local Transmission and Distribution Utility  for your area. You can find the toll-free number on your bill.

Whom do I call with a billing question?
Residential customers can call 936-564-2123 between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday. Business customers can call 936-564-2123 between 8 am and 5 pm, Monday through Friday.

Can my electricity be disconnected for nonpayment?
Yes; you will receive a termination notice giving you 10 days to pay the bill or make payment arrangements.



NextEra Energy. Inc. (NEE) has reached a deal that includes the acquistion of 100% of Energy Future Holdings Corp. (EFH) which holds approximately 80% of interest in Oncor Electric Delivery.


"We saved a lot of money going with Curtis and Clark. I definitely would recommend them, actually I do, to everyone I talk to — all the time!"
Michele Herron

Call today for your free rate quote.

Sign up for our Newsletter
2400 North Stallings Drive, Suite 408 • Nacogdoches, Texas 75964
© 2023 Curtis and Clark Energy Services • Privacy PolicyTerms of Use • A Reyn Capital Company